Common Signs and Causes of Molds
Mold is a common problem in many homes, especially old ones that haven’t been maintained well. It’s something you simply cannot ignore as it poses a serious health threat. For those looking for mold removal Central City Colorado, the Mold Experts of Central City are the right choice.
Even if you’re just looking for mold inspection Central City Colorado, they have you covered. Their experts can inspect the affected part of the home and give you a quote on solutions and how much they would cost. But first, let’s look at what is mold and some of the common reasons for it:
What is Mold?
Mold is a type of fungus (microscopic organism), also called Alternaria. There are over 100,000 different species of mold, with at least 100 of them being common in houses around the US. It has a slimy, dark texture, in black, brown, and green colors.
Mold forms in moist places. It can even cause damage to property and health. Constant exposure to mold can result in respiratory problems in humans.
Common Causes of Mold
Here are some of the common causes of mold:
- Humidity: If you live in a humid climate, the possibility of mold is very high as this fungus thrives in humid places. In places like Central City Colorado, where it rains constantly, the humidity is naturally high, which is why you may need mold remediation Central City Colorado.
- Leaking Pipes or Roof: More often than not, it’s a water leak within the structure of the house resulting in mold formation. A leaking pipe is the most common reason for mold behind drywall and under the sink. Also, if the roof is damaged and leaks water, it can also cause mold on the roof and even the floor.
- Winter Condensation: In winters, a condensation layer can form on surfaces because of fluctuation in temperature. This is normally the case with pipes, concrete floors, and tiles. If the condensation is persistent, mold can form on these surfaces.
- Flooding: As if flooding itself isn’t horrible enough, it also leaves behind mold and mildew. It can take days or weeks to get the water out of the home, which is enough time for mold to make the wet surfaces home. This is why a mold inspection Central City Colorado is necessary after a flood episode.
- Humid Basement: Basements are the ideal places for mold as they are damp and hot even when the weather is pleasant. Because of poor ventilation or air circulation, the humidity levels in basements can be constantly high. This problem gets worse if there’s also leakage in the basement. This is why periodic mold inspection Central City Colorado is needed for basements.
Common Signs of Mold
Mold may be present in your home and contaminate the air you breathe without you even realizing it. If it occurs in places not frequented, it’s easier not to notice them. Here are some common tell-tale signs:
- Paint of Wallpaper Damage: If the mold has formed inside wall cavities, you’ll notice the paint or wallpaper starting to chip. The affected area will also be damp. In severe cases, the wall can start decaying.
- Stains: This is the most apparent sign of mold as it creates blackish, brownish stains on the surface. The stains can occur on the ceiling, flooring, carpeting, and walls.
- Odor: Mold in enclosed spaces can have a particular odor that smells like stagnant water. If mold forms in cabinets or closets with closed doors, you’ll be able to smell it distinctly when you open the doors. If you’re smelling such an odor in your kitchen or bathroom, it’s time to call mold remediation Central City Colorado.
Mold Removal Central City Colorado
The Mold Experts of Central City
provide mold removal Central City Colorado
. They also provide mold remediation Central City Colorado
, where mold is reduced to non-harmful levels. If you’re seeing visible signs or suspect there’s a mold situation anywhere in your home, call the experts now!
While prevention measures are good, mold in wet places like Central City
isn’t entirely avoidable. The best course of action is to have it removed as soon as you notice it. Don’t risk your health and the integrity of your home structure.